Are you really curious to discover West-Africa? Not by air-conditioned hotels and tourist entertainment? But with journeys and excursions which brings you to the normal daily African life, their different cultures, habits and traditions? Join us, meet Africa!
Meet Africa is a small network organization who is operating in Gambia and Senegal . We make special journeys and excursions who give you an inside look in West-Africa. We only travel in small groups with drivers and guides who like to share their knowledge and experience, who are never tired to give answers on your questions and who brings you to unexpected places.
You are sleeping in local African lodges which are situated in the mid of the African society. You are invited to eat on the African way in small restaurants, but also in family compounds. We make picnic lunches when we are on the road and you can have plenty possibilities to make a stop where you want.
You are invited to connect your own interest to what we offer: explain which part of the society you like to discover and we can make a tailor made program for you.
Be part of it! Meet Africa!
To give you an idea, we made already the next journeys for you in which we covered the most interesting places:
- The big Senegambia circle tour in 18 days: $1800 / €1350
- The medium Senegambia circle tour in 14 days: $1400 / €1050
- The Gambia village life tour in 7 days: $700 / €525
- The cultural Senegambia experience in 14 days: $1400 / €1050
All the prices are including:
- Accommodation in African lodges
- Breakfast, (picnic)lunch and dinner
- Transport with our own Landrovers
- Experienced driver and guide
- Entrance fee for the excursions in the program
- Ticket to Gambia
- Personal budget for tips and souvenirs
In general, a minimum of six persons and a maximum of twelve persons is required. But it is also possible to make the trip with a smaller or larger group. All the journeys can be adjusted if guests have special interests in some aspects of the society, like education, health, religion, traditional healing, agriculture, bird watching or art. We can arrange different types of meetings or projects. It is also possible to spend more time at the same place or to connect your trip with some lazy days at the beach.